There are a range of commemorations taking place across Garff this coming weekend to mark the end of the First World War and the cessation of hostilities at the eleventh minute of the eleventh hour on the eleventh day of November 1918.
On Sunday the 11th of November 2018 the services in Garff are as follows:
• Kirk Maughold, 10.30 am
• Laxey Valley Gardens at 10.45 am
• All Saints Church, Lonan at 2.00 pm.
• The Commissioners will be represented at all of these services.
• A walk will also take place on North Barrule up to the memorial to the 31 American airmen who died when their aircraft crashed close to the summit of the mountain in April 1945. The walk begins at 1.30 from a field on the A2 Coast Road opposite Ballaglass Farm. All welcome: although it is a strenuous walk requiring stout shoes, etc; and is weather dependent. Please call Marinda Fargher on 861039 for further details if you would like to participate.
• Members of the Island’s motorcycling community will also gather to pay their respects at mid-day down on the Laxey Promenade.